Re: Font problems: Cannot open font file...

Hello list,

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 23:01, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> Try putting your fonts in the $HOME/.fonts directory.

Thanx for the response...

> Run "fc-cache -v -f", and look at the output.  Then try "fc-list".
>
> Perhaps some of that will give you more hints on what might be wrong.

It surely did... I didn't have permissions for the font dirs...
(obviously :-) I then copied all those files to $HOME/.fonts and ran
$GARNOME/fc-cache -v -f and deleted all aliases everything and it
started complaining about different families...

i.  Bitstream Vera -> deleted from fonts.conf and got rid of it.
ii. Nimbus Sans -> deleted from fonts.conf and got rid of it.
iii.Arial -> deleted from fonts.conf and got rid of it.
iv. Free Helvetian -> deleted from fonts.conf and *couldn't* get rid of
it.

Now the last one is what is causing all the problems...

Now any 'wild guesses' on this??? :-D

--
B S Srinidhi <srinidhi deeproot co in>
DeepRoot Linux Pvt. Ltd.