Re: Font problems: Cannot open font file...

Hi,

Today at 14:43, B. S. Srinidhi wrote:

> Does anyone has a solution to this problem of mine (and a few others)?
> Please let me know. (even wild guesses are welcome ;)

Ok, wild guesses come ;-)

Start with minimal setup.  I.e. put only Bitstream Vera inside
eg. $HOME/.fonts/, and remove any other font paths from
$GARNOME/etc/fonts/fonts.conf.  Also, be sure to remove any "aliases"
inside fonts.conf.

Run "fc-cache -v -f", and look at the output.  Then try "fc-list".

Perhaps some of that will give you more hints on what might be wrong.

Cheers,
Danilo