xscreensaver [Was: Re: setting screensaver prefs]

Hi,

> I "solved" my problem by downloading and building (with --prefix=
> $GARNOME) the latest xscreensaver.  It was able to automatically detect
> everything and install itself just fine... the next time I started the
> panel it was in the right menu location.

I'm using xscreensaver in bootstrap/ as my own package since my
beginnings with GARNOME on Solaris, as the xscreensaver, which is
installed, depends on old gtk libs and I don't want them to be installed
on the machine.

BTW: Solaris guys, any way to compile xscreensaver on Solaris 9 with
GCC? I can only compile it with Forte compiler...

Regards,
Ivan
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.