Re: setting screensaver prefs

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 09:52 +1000, Paul Drain wrote:

> xscreensaver (and xscreensaver-demo) are shipped by your distribution as
> packages. To cut down on overzealous duplication of menu entries, the
> gnome-vfs garball ships with a patch called 'garnome-items-only', which
> removes all of the distribution dependant options in your menus, in
> favour of the ones that ship in your garball.

I know this isn't off-list, but it's worth discussing.

It's a valid point but the solution is simple: post-install, check if
those distribution-dependent things are there, and if so, include them
in the menus.  At least some basic things --- like xscreensaver --- are
both easy to check (just do `which xscreensaver`) and fundamental enough
that they should be included.

Raul