Re: No icons on the desktop

El mar, 21-09-2004 a las 11:30 -0700, Raul Acevedo escribió:
> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 13:39 +1000, Paul Drain wrote:
>
> > Make sure that bootstrap/shared-mime-info is installed and that both
> > XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_DATA_HOME variables are exported correctly.
>
> XDG_DATA_HOME?  This is new... it's not mentioned on either the old or
> new GARNOME home pages, only XDG_DATA_DIRS is mentioned.  If it's truly
> necessary, the "Starting/Using GARNOME" section on the new home page
> needs to be updated.  What could break without this variable being set?
>
> Raul

Hi,

as I already answered in a private mail to Paul Drain I had problems
when I, following the advise of defining XDG_DATA_HOME, did actually
exported it. It gave me a lot of problems and it didn't let me do things
as adding new file associationes.

If you read through the freedesktop documentation about shared-mime-
info, you don't need to export XDG_DATA_HOME because in case of not
being defined it defaults to the user home.

By the way I only export XDG_DATA_DIRS and it works ok here.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Daniel