Re: Updates to garnome & dep problem?

Hi,

> Since I didn't find any, I went in and updated the Makefiles for evo to
> 2.0.2 (and 1.0.2 for evo-data-center).  Then the checksums failed, so I
> added those (is there a make target that does both the download and the
> update?)
>
> Then I went to the desktop directory and ran make paranoid-install.
>
> That seemed to work, but evo-data-center failed because it wanted a
> newer version of libsoup: 2.2.1 instead of 2.2.0.

I'm using this to upgrade Evolution (and some other packages with lots
of deps):

1. uninstall all the packages which would be upgraded (evolution,
evolution-data-server, gal, gtkhtml and libsoup) by issusing:

cd evolution/work/main.d/evolution-2.0.1
make uninstall

repeat for other directories. Unfortunately, Garnome has no own option
to uninstall the package, so we need to do it like this.

2. make clean in those directories
3. manually update Makefiles for this packages, increase version number
4. go to each directory and issue:

make fetch
make makesum
(if you want, also make garchive)

5. go to evolution and issue

make install

This will work and install all the dependencies for Evolution, since
they are mentioned in the packages' Makefiles.

I'm using this sequence heavily, e.g. for Evo 2.0.2 (right now).

Regards,
Ivan
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.