Updates to garnome & dep problem?

Hi all;

I'm fairly new to garnome, having just jumped in when 2.8.0 was
released.

How do you get updates to the garnome repository?  It seems like the
older versions had an arch tree; is there something like that for the
newer ones?  I want to update my garnome installation to Evo 2.0.2 to
see if some issues I have with connector are fixed.  Are there official
updates?

Since I didn't find any, I went in and updated the Makefiles for evo to
2.0.2 (and 1.0.2 for evo-data-center).  Then the checksums failed, so I
added those (is there a make target that does both the download and the
update?)

Then I went to the desktop directory and ran make paranoid-install.

That seemed to work, but evo-data-center failed because it wanted a
newer version of libsoup: 2.2.1 instead of 2.2.0.

So, I updated libsoup's Makefile, did make garchive, md5sum
download/libsoup-2.2.tar.gz >> checksums, then retried the
paranoid-install.

However, it still failed: I saw it was trying to build evo-data-center
without rebuilding libsoup first: it didn't even try that directory at
all.  Yet, desktop/libsoup is clearly listed in the LIBDEPS line for
evo-data-center; shouldn't the build system see that it should be built
first?

Thanks for helping me grok GAR!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools