Re: Updates to garnome & dep problem?

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 21:58, Paul Smith wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I'm fairly new to garnome, having just jumped in when 2.8.0 was
> released.
>
> How do you get updates to the garnome repository?  It seems like the
> older versions had an arch tree; is there something like that for the
> newer ones?  I want to update my garnome installation to Evo 2.0.2 to
> see if some issues I have with connector are fixed.  Are there official
> updates?

I'll let Paul (not you of course but the other Paul) answer that... :)

> However, it still failed: I saw it was trying to build evo-data-center
> without rebuilding libsoup first: it didn't even try that directory at
> all.  Yet, desktop/libsoup is clearly listed in the LIBDEPS line for
> evo-data-center; shouldn't the build system see that it should be built
> first?

It would be nice if it did but it doesn't. Since the cookie file states
that libsoup is already built it just skips it. Try running a 'make
clean' in desktop/libsoup. That'll force it to build the new version.

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome