Re: Clear all old Gnome data?

> Yes, the backends for the application *data* [1] like Contacts and
> Calendar. Kill them with 'evolution --force-shutdown', if you wanna
> manually mess with the mentioned data.

Yes, that's the cleaner solution.
Formerly this was called "killev" I suppose.

> Note: Likely a lot of the data in ~/.gconf/ are user [2] settings, for
> example Evolution stores account data and stuff like that there (since
> 1.3.x). Be careful, if you wanna remove all Gnome settings, you might
> harm even personal settings.

Yes. It should be well-known that messing with GConf might be risky.

> Even worse: The previously mentioned ~/evolution/ directory does not
> hold much of the settings these days, cause the majority of them is
> stored using GConf. However, all your application *data* is stored in
> there: Local mails (POP3), Contacts, Calendar, ... You likely don't
> wanna remove them.

Correct. As I have written some scripts to allow "global configuration"
(better: replication) of Evolution accounts for all users, there really
ARE important data in ~/evolution :( [E.g. directory server used for
contats configuration] Let's wait what new Evo 2.0 will bring, I've read
on the blogs, they are going to make some kind of account/settings
lockdown...

Regards,
VIX
--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.