Clear all old Gnome data?

Hello,

I'm compiling the latest garnome for Gnome 2.6 RC1.  After it is
complete, I'd like to start up Gnome with all defaults and clear out all
my old gnome stuff.  I've tried this in the past but somewhere it
remembers my settings for my panels and things.

Does anyone know which directories to remove to get a fresh start?

I've tried: .gnome, .gnome2, .gnome2_private

Others?  And are there programs I need to make sure are killed?

Thanks,
Rob