Re: Clear all old Gnome data?

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:43 -0800, Rob Hudson wrote:

> Hello,

Hey hey!

> [...]
>
> Does anyone know which directories to remove to get a fresh start?
>
> I've tried: .gnome, .gnome2, .gnome2_private

I think that in addition to those directories, you should also need to
remove the .gconf directory, as that's where most gnome desktop-related
settings are stored. That should do it.

> Others?  And are there programs I need to make sure are killed?

Whilst not totally necessary, you might also want to run bonobo-slay to
get rid of any bonobo-activation-server processes that might be running.

Then there's the .metacity directory, but only if you seem to have
problems with metacity (like I did once, where I could only bring a
window to the front by clicking on window borders)

> Thanks,
> Rob
> --

Cheers,