Re: evolution drives me mad.

Hi,

> If you want Evo 1.4.x, you might want to get the GARNOME 2.4.2 tarball
> from the FTP site, and extract the relevant directories (db3 is in
> bootstrap/, everything else is in proposed/) over the top of the ones
> already there.

I did the same when Garnome-2.6.x was first released, due to buggy Evolution.
1.4.6 is buggy too, but at least, does not crash as much in my testing and
production environment.
I have copied "evolution" and all dependencies from older Garnome, and it
worked well.

> You'll also need to make a Connector directory yourself, because it
> didn't exist at the time GARNOME 2.4.2 was released -- but that should
> be a case of taking the existing directory, editing the Makefile to
> point to 1.4.7.2 and re-running 'make makesums'

I'm using also Sun Java System Calendar Server Connector for Evolution (quite
long name), which was codenamed "Hydrogen" before. Works well on Linux and
Solaris.

Just if anybody is interested.

> Once I saw (iirc, from a post on evolution-devel) that the Evolution
> 1.4.x tree was unlikely to see any major new code and that priority was
> with the 1.5.x tree, I moved stable up accordingly -- figuring it was
> easier to maintain 1.5.x with one or two patches, than it was to spend
> even more time doing patch backporting.

I really hope, new Evo will be stable soon. The only thing I was missing there
was "Summary" window with RSS aggregators :(

Regards,

--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.