evolution drives me mad.

I have a lot of problems with compilation of evolution and ximian connector.
- Connector 2.5.90 does not compile (see my mail from yesterday, anyone a idea?)
therefore I downgraded both Evolution and Connector to 1.4.6

- Evolution depends on *exactly* libdb-3.1.17. This can be solved by compiling libdb-3.1.17 as explaind in the readme and adding these arguments to the Makefile of Evolution: --with-db3-libs=/foo/libdb-3.1.17/build_unix --with-db3-includes/build_unix.

- Now Evolution 1.4.6 complains about libgtkhtml-3.0:

checking for libgtkhtml-3.0... Package libgtkhtml-3.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgtkhtml-3.0.pc'

But libgtkhtml-3.0 does not even exist! libgtkhtml-2.6.2 is the newest libgtkhtml, gtkhtml 3.1.17 is the newest gtkhtml, so there is probably something wrong with ./configure and configure.in. I replace all references to libgtkhtml in these files to gtkhtml (which evolution depends on according to garnome's Makefile, but this did not solve the problems.
Is there anybody on the list who can help?
Another question for Paul: why is evolution 1.5.90 in garnome--timmy instead of version 1.4.6? I am now bughunting in the stable tree!

Goodbye and happy gnoming,

Martijn Brouwer