Re:so know one can help me write a run script

Nuju,

which is your native language?

I will try to help you. Let´s see: 1st question: where did you install
garnome (did you change the default location to where it would be
installed?)? If your garnome installation (not the tarball, and not
the folder where the sources are - I am talking about the destination
folder i.e., where garnome installed itself) is not
/home/medric/garnome, please change it on your script.

Well: so you created the following script and named it garnome-session:

--- Start of garnome-session script ---
> #!/bin/sh GARNOME=/home/medric/garnome
> PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
> GDK_USE_XFT=1
> export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
> exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session
--- End of garnome-session script ---

Supposing that you created it on your home directory, you must, at
bash prompt and logged as root, type:

cd /home/medric <enter>
chmod a+rx garnome-session <enter>
mv garnome-session /usr/bin/ <enter>

<enter> means "press the Enter key".

Now you´ve got garnome-session as an executable file and accessible
(the file is in your PATH). Next, we need to change the scripts that
will be readable by your Desktop Manager. This depends on which dm you
are using: If it is kdm, you need to change /etc/X11/dm/Sessions
folder, but gdm has its own set of folders. Let´s consider you are
using kdm: You must, at bash prompt and logged as root, do:

cd /etc/X11/dm/Sessions <enter>
cp gnome.desktop garnome.desktop <enter>
sed -e 's/GNOME/GARNOME/g' < gnome.desktop > garnome.desktop.tmp <enter>
sed -e 's/gnome-session/garnome-session/g' <garnome.desktop.tmp >
garnome.desktop <enter>
rm garnome.desktop.tmp <enter>

These commands will create a new garnome.desktop file, which will be
read by kdm on your next login. When you login, you must change your
desktop (on kdm screen) to garnome, which will be listed together with
kde, gnome and whatever other desktop manager you´ve got installed.

God luck!