RE: so know one can help me write a run script

Thank you for helping me I am in [medric castlefamily medric]$ that is where I am in am installing as user not as root and Installed garnome here /home/medric/garnome that is where the folder is ( okay I unpacked the 0.29.1 folder here /home/medric/garnome-0.29.1 and when it started to install it made the garnome folder /home/medric/garnome if that is not where the real folder is then tell me where to look for it cause I never changed anything I just ran this script cd /home/medric/garnome-0.29.1/desktop and then on the next line I ran make paranoid-install and it made the /home/medric/garnome folder and that is where the gnome-session is /home/medric/garnome/bin/gnome-session

And secondly I like how you have the script but is that all on one line then hit enter or is does each line go in seperatly and hit enter after each one

And I am a jamican but I have been living an a American for 16 years I have graduated from Kennesaw State University in GA

Well: so you created the following script and named it garnome-session:

--- Start of garnome-session script ---

> #!/bin/sh GARNOME=/home/medric/garnome

> PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

> PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages

> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

> GDK_USE_XFT=1

> export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT

> exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

--- End of garnome-session script ---

Supposing that you created it on your home directory, you must, at

bash prompt and logged as root, type:

cd /home/medric <enter>

chmod a+rx garnome-session <enter>

mv garnome-session /usr/bin/ <enter>

<enter> means "press the Enter key".

Now you´ve got garnome-session as an executable file and accessible

(the file is in your PATH). Next, we need to change the scripts that

will be readable by your Desktop Manager. This depends on which dm you

are using: If it is kdm, you need to change /etc/X11/dm/Sessions

folder, but gdm has its own set of folders. Let´s consider you are

using kdm: You must, at bash prompt and logged as root, do:

cd /etc/X11/dm/Sessions <enter>

cp gnome.desktop garnome.desktop <enter>

sed -e 's/GNOME/GARNOME/g' < gnome.desktop > garnome.desktop.tmp <enter>

sed -e 's/gnome-session/garnome-session/g' <garnome.desktop.tmp >

garnome.desktop <enter>

rm garnome.desktop.tmp <enter>

These commands will create a new garnome.desktop file, which will be

read by kdm on your next login. When you login, you must change your

desktop (on kdm screen) to garnome, which will be listed together with

kde, gnome and whatever other desktop manager you´ve got installed.

God luck!