Re: Stable GARNOME via arch

> What are the differences between this, and the latest version of the
> kenny--2.5.x tree that jeff has?  the kenny tree has the latest version of
> most things, and I managed to compile most things out of the box, as well
> as backport a few bugfixes into it, and I don't really want to give that
> up.

The --kenny-- tree is designed to hold the development tree for GNOME,
while the --timmy-- tree is designed to hold the stable one.

The idea being that --kenny-- will become move to 2.7.x when GNOME
development starts ramping up again, while --timmy-- will be used to
store a stable tree for people testing 2.7.x can come back to, should
anything go wrong. Once 2.7 becomes 2.8, you'll more than likely see a
--timmy--2.8.x tree to match.

Of course, the stable tree is also useful for legacy distributions and
vendors who aren't yet shipping GNOME 2.6.x :)

> Is the kenny tree no longer being maintained?

Far from it, i'd expect Jeff has also sorts of crazy ideas for it once
GNOME development starts up again.

Regards,

Paul