Re: Stable GARNOME via arch

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Paul Drain wrote:

> The --kenny-- tree is designed to hold the development tree for GNOME,
> while the --timmy-- tree is designed to hold the stable one.
>
> The idea being that --kenny-- will become move to 2.7.x when GNOME
> development starts ramping up again, while --timmy-- will be used to
> store a stable tree for people testing 2.7.x can come back to, should
> anything go wrong. Once 2.7 becomes 2.8, you'll more than likely see a
> --timmy--2.8.x tree to match.

Thanks, that was exactly the info I was looking for.

> Of course, the stable tree is also useful for legacy distributions and
> vendors who aren't yet shipping GNOME 2.6.x :)

Maybe I'll try and build the stable tree as well.  For day-to-day
purposes, as well as backporting.  I have a big drive now, I might as well
use it for GNOME.

> > Is the kenny tree no longer being maintained?
>
> Far from it, i'd expect Jeff has also sorts of crazy ideas for it once
> GNOME development starts up again.

That guy and his crazy ideas :)

> Regards,
>
> Paul

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a Nobel prize-winning sweet-toothed photographer with nothing left to
lose. She's a blind mute angel living on borrowed time. They fight crime!