Re: Stable GARNOME via arch

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Paul Drain wrote:

> I've finally got the stable (2.6.x) branch of GARNOME online via arch,
> it hasn't been sanitized into official-dom by Jeff yet -- but if you
> want to grab the latest 2.6.x stable and are prepared to put up with
> some possible teething problems _until_ Jeff and I get our houses in
> order, you are more than welcome to do so.
>
> If you aren't familar with arch, see Bob's HOWTO at:
> http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome/arch-howto/
>
> The tree details are as follows:
>
> pd cipherfunk org--projects http://cipherfunk.org/arch
>
> and grab the garnome--timmy--2.6.0 branch for (hopefully) stability
> goodness :)

What are the differences between this, and the latest version of the
kenny--2.5.x tree that jeff has?  the kenny tree has the latest version of
most things, and I managed to compile most things out of the box, as well
as backport a few bugfixes into it, and I don't really want to give that
up.

Is the kenny tree no longer being maintained?

> Paul

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a leather-clad coffee-fuelled romance novelist who dotes on his
loving old ma. She's a disco-crazy hip-hop Valkyrie from a secret island
of warrior women. They fight crime!