Re: Problem when trying to run GNOME from Jeff's Garnome archive.

At 09:32 PM 6/04/2004, Julio Biason wrote:
I had the same problem (basicly, I was doing *exactly* what you did) :).

The problem is that 'elflibs', for some reason, also has some glib libs. I just removed /usr/lib/libglib*, /usr/lib/libgobject* and /usr/lib/libgthread* and recompiled gtk. Everything seems to be working now.

Also, remove the glib2 and gtk+2 packages.

Thanks again. This has done the trick.

Luke