FYI: Build times on Solaris 9/SPARC

Hi all,

if anybody is interested (and particulary people wishing/willing to
build Garnome on Solaris), the compilation times for "desktop" directory
are as follows:

        [install] complete for zenity.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/var/garnome/garnome-2.5.92/desktop/zenity'

real    514m13.658s
user    269m46.660s
sys     164m15.650s

This is on Solaris 9/SPARC machine, SunFire V280R with 2x UltraSPARC III
750MHz CPU and 2 gigs of memory. The machine was almost dedicated to
building and no databases or BF daemons were running.

The bootstrap which I had to build before takes about an hour (I use
Garnome's bootstrap plus some own addons like openssl, openldap, samba
etc., which I like to have compiled with all the locales and all the
options I need. Some of them can be also downloaded as solaris packages
from www.sunfreeware.com off course).

VIX

--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.