Re: Should GARNOME always build Mozilla?

<quote who="Bart Kuik">

> I think it's good to find a way to check if certain versions of software
> are already installed, check the version and capabilities (like gtk2 for
> moz), and skip the package if the 'old' one is OK.

GARNOME's objective is to provide a testing environment for GNOME. Some
people have suggested this before, to the nth degree, such as not building
GTK+ if it's already available. This would make it *very* difficult to
understand bugs coming from GARNOME systems. We need a consistent testing
framework, with known variables on the platforms it builds on. It is very
unlikely that I will add this.

         "Applications are just kernel testcases." - Andrew Morton