Re: Should GARNOME always build Mozilla?

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 10:30, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for some input into the future of Mozilla in GARNOME. At the
> moment, GARNOME builds Mozilla by default, as a requirement of Epiphany.

<..>

> Thoughts?

I think it's good to find a way to check if certain versions of software
are already installed, check the version and capabilities (like gtk2 for
moz), and skip the package if the 'old' one is OK. If compilation of a
package that depends on it fails, it'll automagically fall back on the
installation of the garnome-package.

This way the number of packages in garnome could also be extended to
include common dependencies like jade, docbook and samba. On normal
systems these could be skipped, on minimally installed systems, these
could be installed as part of garnome, saving lots of traffic on this
list :P

Bart