Re: Should GARNOME always build Mozilla?

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 15:18, Bart Kuik wrote:
> I think it's good to find a way to check if certain versions of software
> are already installed, check the version and capabilities (like gtk2 for
> moz), and skip the package if the 'old' one is OK. If compilation of a
> package that depends on it fails, it'll automagically fall back on the
> installation of the garnome-package.

I've hacked my garnome so that I can run "make fake-install" in each
garball which I have installed, such as GTK+ 2, Pango, Mozilla, etc.
This makes it nice and fast for me, but I know What I Am Doing and at
the end of the day, if nothing works, its My Fault.

Some auto-magically way of detecting software might not work reliably
enough to warrant being in GARNOME.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./