Re: Evolution stuff

sams marketing-designs com wrote:

Rodd Clarkson (r-list clarkson id au) wrote:
Jeff,

Those tarballs have been added to f.g.o.  What are the odd's of getting
and update to 0.22.0 sometime?

Also, using the stuff Samuel Stingham supplied I get the following error
trying to make install evolution:

checking if gethostbyaddr_r wants seven arguments... no
checking for db3 compiler flags... -I/opt/gnome/include
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
checking db3 header version... 3.1.17
checking for db3 library name... configure: error: Could not find db3 library
make: *** [configure-work/main.d/evolution-1.3.1/configure] Error 1
I think I hardcoded in the --with-db3= path in the Makefile, also it
might have something to do with your library search path.  Make sure
/opt/gnome/lib is processed before /usr/lib (or else it might find a
different version of db3).  It sounds like /opt/gnome/lib isn't in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH at all (or in your /etc/ld.so.conf).  But I could be
wrong.

Either that or you need to add to CPPFLAGS or CFLAGS (depending on how configure is using the flags) to include the lookup in those directories for those libraries for the configure
test.

Ben