Re: gnome terminal, or Eterm... Lets speed up gnome-terminal

Now after I said that, actually go and try to use gnome-terminal
interactively instead of letting text fly, and it gets bloggy and locks
up now and again. I see it using tons of CPU, etc. I haven't tried
stracing it or attaching a debugger during the phenomena as yet.

"make menuconfig" in the kernel source tree is one sure way for me to
trigger this behavior.

I'm running 2.5.64-mm5 with UP+PREEMPT+MODULES, so I'll try it once
under redrat's kernel too.