Re: missing index.sgml

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 08:04, sams marketing-designs com wrote:

> remember I told you it was something like the xsl stylesheets not being
> installed?  I would guess that docbook-xsl-stylesheets installs the xsl
> stylesheets for docbook.

Unfortunately no. docbook-xsl-stylesheets is just an old name that is
still mentioned in some repository (hence available version = none).
docbook-xsl is the name of the package now:

---------------
Package: docbook-xsl
Version: 1.50.0-2
Replaces: docbook-xsl-stylesheets
Provides: docbook-xsl-stylesheets
Depends: docbook-xml (>= 4.1.2-4), lynx|www-browser|httpd|apache
Conflicts: docbook-xsl-stylesheets

FO.
 These are modular XSL stylesheets for processing documents composed
 with the DocBook XML DTD and its derivatives ("Simplified" DocBook
 XML, JRefEntry DTD, etc.). The documentation is included in the
package.
 .
 The stylesheets provide XSLT transformations for both HTML and
 Formatting Object output. The latter can be further processed
 to a number of print formats using FOP or TeX-based tools.
 .
 The stylesheets are modular in the sense that you can extend and, to
some
 extent, customize them. Included are extension classes for the Saxon
and Xalan2
 XSLT processors. The documentation is included in this package.
---------------

Again, AFAICT everything's ok.

> I am not a debian guy though, so I could be
> wrong.  Either way, can you post the error you are getting so that I can
> show everyone exactly what I mean when I say "make is failing, but not
> telling you so loudly enough".

It's at the start of the thread, but for your convenience, here it is
again :)

mkdir /usr/local/garnome-0.25.1/share/gtk-doc/html/glib
(installfiles=`echo ./html/*`; \
if test "$installfiles" = './html/*'; \
then echo '-- Nothing to install' ; \
else \
  for i in $installfiles; do \
    echo '-- Installing '$i ; \
    /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $i
/usr/local/garnome-0.25.1/share/gtk-doc/html/glib; \
  done; \
  echo '-- Installing ./html/index.sgml' ; \
  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./html/index.sgml
/usr/local/garnome-0.25.1/share/gtk-doc/html/glib; \
fi)
-- Installing ./html/home.png
-- Installing ./html/left.png
-- Installing ./html/mainloop-states.gif
-- Installing ./html/right.png
-- Installing ./html/up.png
-- Installing ./html/index.sgml
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./html/index.sgml': No such file or
directory
make[9]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[9]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/garnome-0.25.1/gnome/glib/work/main.d/glib-2.2.2/docs/reference/glib'