Re: Missing index.sgml

Mario Vukelic (mario vukelic dantian org) wrote:
> Seems the higher the version number, the more probs I have. Please help
> me, I'm dying to see the new Gnome
I don't think there are more than 2 problems that I have seen go
unsolved on the mailing list.  And those are very platform specific.
By browsing the mailing list you can find answers to all sorts of
problems.
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./html/index.sgml': No such file or
> directory
Solutions:
1: change --enable-gtk-doc to --disable-gtk-doc
2: touch (full_path)/html/index.sgml
3: find out why gtkdoc-mkdb is failing (99% of the time it is because
you don't have xsl-stylsheets installed correctly)

All three of these have been asked and discussed many times before.  Can
someone please please update the FAQ to include this issue, that way we
only get 4 emails a week about it?  I am more than willing to draw up an
html patch if need be.

--
Samuel Stringham                   /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Computer Consultant                \ /    Respect for open standards