Re: Few simple questions

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 09:14, Jens Askengren wrote:
> ons 2003-02-19 klockan 18.18 skrev sams marketing-designs com:
>
> > I have it installed system-wide in /opt/gnome and the only issues I have
> > run into is pkgconfig not finding certain things in other directories,
> > like XFree86 from CVS has fontconfig.pc and Xft.pc, but puts them in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/ and I need to symlink, or copy them into
> > /opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig/ (after I comment out garnomes attempt to
> > compile Xft/fontconfig)

So do you want to share the secret with the rest of us ??  Courtesy of a
friend's soon-to-be-disconnested cable connection, I downloaded all the
appropriate source files, pointed the GARCHIVEDIR variable to that
directory and ran 'make install | tee install.log' from the
gnome-desktop directory.

It just refuses to make the 'gnome-session' binary, and I can't see any
useful error messages in the log.

JOn