Re: gnome-system-monitor

Danilo Segan wrote:

Ben Taylor wrote:

For anyone running linux, does the ability to renice a process or kill a process that doesn't belong to you (as long as you are not *root*), does this function

correctly?

Short answer: no it doesn't work.

Long answer.

A dialog requesting root password pops up, and if I input a wrong password, it just disappears. If I put in a correct password, it uses the terminal and the standard login program to authenticate it, and, if it succeds, it prints for me on controlling terminal

Lozinka: *********
root: root: No such file or directory

("Lozinka" is a password prompt I defined in /etc/login.defs).

I won't go any further with this now (because I lack the time), but I hope this will at least give you a hint at what's wrong.

Thanks. It's busted in Linux too, so I can now go back and hack it up so it works.

Ben