Re: tiny font fix (kinda)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Mike Wyer">
>
> > It's just a shame that KDE can get this right, but the gnome developers
> > can't.
> >
> > I'm happy sticking with gnome (and garnome), but there are lessons to be
> > learned here.
>
> AGAIN, can you please read posts to the list about this issue. It has SFA to
> do with the "gnome developers" getting anything wrong. Please, read the
> directions and screw your brainstem back in correctly.

Sorry to drag this one up again, but what _was_ the right fix?

I've just cleared out my old config, rebuilt 0.22.0 with the main_DESTDIR
fix and the fonts are broken again (I did a make deep-buildclean; make
deep-clean; make install. Should I have done something else?)

rm .gconf / kill gconfd ? done.
pango-querymodules ? done.
rm .fonts.cache-1 ? done.
main_DESTDIR ?= (slash removed)

Any kind of clue would be useful at this stage, as I've just grepped the
March and April digets for "font" and found no fixes other than the ones
mentioned above.

Are there any other things to try on this issue, or have I missed
something?

Cheers,
Mike
--
Mike Wyer     <mike wyer org>     www.wyer.org/mike     07974 254007

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...
  ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car"