Re: tiny font fix (kinda)

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 23:26, Mike Wyer wrote:

> Sorry to drag this one up again, but what _was_ the right fix?
>
> I've just cleared out my old config, rebuilt 0.22.0 with the main_DESTDIR
> fix and the fonts are broken again (I did a make deep-buildclean; make
> deep-clean; make install. Should I have done something else?)
>
> rm .gconf / kill gconfd ? done.
> pango-querymodules ? done.
> rm .fonts.cache-1 ? done.
> main_DESTDIR ?= (slash removed)
>
> Any kind of clue would be useful at this stage, as I've just grepped the
> March and April digets for "font" and found no fixes other than the ones
> mentioned above.
>
> Are there any other things to try on this issue, or have I missed
> something?

I haven't seen the start of this thread, but I thought I'd comment as
well, based on the subject.

I had a weird problem when I went back to garnome 0.22.0 after using
Debian's unstable packages for a while. I would see really really really
small fonts in menus.

It turned out that it was caused by having GDK_USE_XFT set to 1. As soon
as I set it to 0, my fonts looked fine.

Cheers
Jens