Re: tiny font fix (kinda)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Mike Wyer wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > <quote who="Mike Wyer">
> >
> > > It's just a shame that KDE can get this right, but the gnome developers
> > > can't.
> > >
> > > I'm happy sticking with gnome (and garnome), but there are lessons to be
> > > learned here.
> >
> > AGAIN, can you please read posts to the list about this issue. It has SFA to
> > do with the "gnome developers" getting anything wrong. Please, read the
> > directions and screw your brainstem back in correctly.
>
> Sorry to drag this one up again, but what _was_ the right fix?
>
> I've just cleared out my old config, rebuilt 0.22.0 with the main_DESTDIR
> fix and the fonts are broken again (I did a make deep-buildclean; make
> deep-clean; make install. Should I have done something else?)
>
> rm .gconf / kill gconfd ? done.
> pango-querymodules ? done.
> rm .fonts.cache-1 ? done.
> main_DESTDIR ?= (slash removed)
>
> Any kind of clue would be useful at this stage, as I've just grepped the
> March and April digets for "font" and found no fixes other than the ones
> mentioned above.
>
> Are there any other things to try on this issue, or have I missed
> something?

Doh! Fixed it again now. Again through the font dialog box, playing around
with the hinting, DPI, smoothing method, and sub-pixel rendering settings.

Cheers,
Mike
--
Mike Wyer     <mike wyer org>     www.wyer.org/mike     07974 254007

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...
  ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car"