Re: HP-UX & garnome: SOME SUCCESS (WAS FAILED)

<quote who="Nick Moffitt">

> > Thanks for this, really useful. I'm just starting to integrate a
> > bunch of bootstrapping stuff for people building on weird or old
> > platforms, so soon you wont have to bother about some of the
> > build-oriented dependencies you don't get with some proprietary
> > unices.
>
> 	Wow, that's pretty crazy!
>
> 	If you find any major problems with the core GAR code, I'd
> love to hear about it.  We try to make it as portable as possible, and
> I believe we use $(MAKE) in all the library rules and such.

GAR was always good in this respect, especially after the early GARNOME
attempts to rat out the bashisms. Early GARNOME used to run really well on
Solaris with a minimum of hackery... Unfortunately it's a leeeetle bit more
complicated now. ;-)

I wish Solaris worked under VMWare, to tide me over until the HP/Sun boxes
come!

GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

                 "No shit, sherlock holmes com " - Mr. Bad