Re: tarball with tar.gz ext

Tomasz Król wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "zeus;]" <zeus bajingloncat com>
To: <garnome-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 7:59 AM
Subject: tarball with tar.gz ext

Hi..

Having Garnome in my drive, and all gnome tarball with tar.gz extention.
Garnome always looking for bz2 extention. how to make garnome extract my
tar.gz files? wich file should i edit?

Hi.

Well - looks like you should edit every single Makefile into garmome set and
change tar.bz2 extension in it into tar.gz... And change all checksums in
checksums file of course ("make makesum"?)
ummm....not gonna do it

... Is it realy worth of work?
Short shell script with grep should allow you to do so easly but the esiest
way is to download (or let garnome to download itself) all needed tar.bz2
files ;-)
Ah..! How to write the shell script with grep. i don't know anithing 'bout shell and i haven't build something big (like a whole gnome 2.2). Once i build gnome 2.2 manualy every single application acording to the gnome installation guide. But it's fail. I have no text error. Did some googling, i couldn't find the answer to fix this. In the end i remove all the gnome package and reinstall gnome 2.0.

This time i choose safer mode, with Garnome.
I dont have SDL/fast internet connection. I have this tar.gz files from a CD.

How to write the script to change the files tar.gz into bz2?

Thanks

KLIKNIJ 2 razy TAK >>> http://link.interia.pl/f170d

--
TO DO: fix my english A.S.A.P ;p