Fresh install path?

Hi all,

Something I've been thinking out during the last releases: is it
important to install a new GARNOME release to a new directory? I used to
install one release to the default path and the next one to
~/Software/garnome. Added benefit is of course that you always have a
working version :-).

Now, this is no problem on my home computer, but at university I'm
running low on disk space, and I started installing to the default path
all the time. Is this okay, or should I delete the old release first?

Thanks,

Martijn

PS On the off-topic thread on Debian experimental - I wonder how many
people moved to GARNOME for the very reason that GNOME 2 is a mess in
Debian unstable at the moment ... I know I did!