Re: Fresh install path?

<quote who="Martijn Anthonissen">

> Something I've been thinking out during the last releases: is it important
> to install a new GARNOME release to a new directory? I used to install one
> release to the default path and the next one to ~/Software/garnome. Added
> benefit is of course that you always have a working version :-).
>
> Now, this is no problem on my home computer, but at university I'm running
> low on disk space, and I started installing to the default path all the
> time. Is this okay, or should I delete the old release first?

Well, I generally do it for testing reasons, but I'd recommend it for
cleanliness reasons too. :-)

> PS On the off-topic thread on Debian experimental - I wonder how many
> people moved to GARNOME for the very reason that GNOME 2 is a mess in
> Debian unstable at the moment ... I know I did!

Yeah, lots of people have mentioned this. I've been helping the Debian
people with their attempts to move to GNOME 2, but it's a bit of a mess.
Mostly just communication and organisation though.

It should be mentioned however, that GARNOME is not here for that reason,
it's designed for GNOME testers first and foremost.

   "Can we have a special TELSABUG category, and everything gets dropped
                     to fix them first?" - Telsa Gwynne