Re: Compilation error in gnome-applet

Your problems seem like you installed some packages with one user then
tried to install others with a different user. To me it sounds like you
should just delete all the garnome stuff and start over.
I don't completely understand what you are saying though.  perhaps if you
gave a walkthrough of what commands you ran to install garnome it would
be easier to diagnose your problem?

regards,
Sean