Re: gnome-config

<quote who="Larry McQueary">

> xscreensaver was, probably because it hasn't been updated to gnome2 yet.
> I'm having trouble getting xscreensaver's configure script to like my
> libxml and libMesaGL installations, and so far have been too lazy to
> unravel the script and doctor it appropriately.  It seemed that
> gnome-config might have solved the problem, but I guess I'll just have to
> hack the script after all.

The very latest versions of xscreensaver have a G2 control panel, so
shouldn't require gnome-config.

Be aware that xscreensaver really, really, really wants to be installed in
your proper system prefix to work properly (which is why it isn't in
GARNOME).

   "I look forward to someday putting foo-colored ribbons on my homepage
   declaring 'port 25 is for spam', and 'just say no to the Spam Message
                   Transmission Protocol!'" - Raph Levien