Re: How to do a test environment...

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:32:49AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Michael George"/>
>
> > ** (gnome-session:27042): CRITICAL **: file pango-fontset.c: line 84
> > (pango_fontset_get_font): assertion `fontset != NULL' failed
>
> Yeah, fontconfig has no fonts.

Okay, so I have to remedy this...

> > I put the fc-list command in the gnome.xinitrc file and ran it with:
> > xinit ./gnome.xinitrc -- :1 > xinit2.err 2>&1
>
> No, you should just run it manually (make sure your paths and such are set
> beforehand). Check that fonts.conf has the correct paths, etc.

When I run ~/garnome/bin/fc-list, I get:
>~/garnome/bin/fc-list
garnome/bin/fc-list: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1:

I'm guessing I might need to add the new garnome/lib to the ld*.so search
path.

And you'd mentioned fonts.conf shoudl have the current paths, etc.  I presume
you mean garnome/etc/fonts.conf, which is in XML.  There's a list of paths
there which includes "~/.fonts", which is not present for me.

If there is a doc somewhere that will point out what I need to do, please
point me to it.  I also appreciate all your hand-holding so far, and I'm
hoping that I'm nearing the end of the tunnel so I can leave you alone...

-Michael

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
	They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary