Re: libgsf too old for gnumeric 1.1.10

Michael George wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:06:34AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
>><quote who="Michael George"/>
>>
>>>Keep looking for the new libgsf and put it into garnome 0.17 because it
>>>*will* work?
>>>
>>>Bite the bullet and just go to garnome 0.18 and work through the font
>>>issues.
>>>
>>The font issues shouldn't be so bad with 0.18.3, and the gnumeric stuff is
>>all updated to the latest releases.
>>

> Okay, I'll go back and work with 0.18.3 then (though that's the one I had and > had trouble with). I had suspected that working through the font issues might
> be the best way to go, but I wanted confirmation.  Thanks!

Well there is another option. If you want to work on gnumeric you will
need to keep a cvs version for it anyways. Therefore what I have done is
to install garnome 0.17.1 as my base gnome2 installation and then
installed the vicious-build-scripts too. After creating a link from
garnome/INSTALL to garnome and setting the prefix for vbs to install in
garnome/INSTALL I pulled down the cvs versions for gnumeric, libgsf,
libgnomeprint (gnome-2-0), libgnomeprintui( gnome-2-0) since they
actively change and was up and running.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow