Re: Beginners question

<quote who="Georg Meyer">

> I'm a newbie, but I like to have new software, and therefore downloaded
> garnome.

therefore? Noooo! GARNOME is for experienced GNOME users who are keen to do
testing for the next stable release. The GNOME 2.1.x releases are UNSTABLE
DEVELOPMENT releases designed for testers and hackers only, as is GARNOME.

It is not designed to be used for anything else.

> I am using Mandrake 9.0

I strongly suggest you use the fresh GNOME stuff available in Cooker, rather
than using GARNOME.

  "So please lets focus on preparing to beat up our neighbours instead of
   spending all the energy on domestic violence." - Christian Schaller on
                                   GNOME