Re: Beginners question

If you have not changed the install-dir, it is still the defaul of
$(HOME)/garnome

After you set you env-variables correctly (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH) as
indicated in the faq, you can start gnome2 with gnome-session.
Off course you will need a Xserver to do this with, and using a X-server
with currently running gnome isn't a good option.
So either start Xnest and point the display-variable (DISPLAY) to the
right X-server, or start X from the console with xinit.
Another option is to add your freshly build garnome/gnome2 to the
gdm/xdm/kdm list of sessions.

-a.

--
Aschwin van der Woude <aschwin van der woude creanor com>
Creanor Oy