Re: Garnome version numbers

> What do you think about new way of garnome version numbering? My
> suggestion is that garnome version should be according to Gnome realase
> version that it is building. Ie. garnome-0.18.3 should be garnome-2.1.1
> because it builds Gnome 2.1.1 ... I know that it's not realy nessesarly
> to reorganize whole relase numbering only from reason that the new one
> would look better (now garnome is 0.x.x that means it's not a "full"
> version while it's building a "full" Gnome2) but I would like to know
> if  I'm the only person that's thinking about it...

There are a number of majorish changes that I want to make before I start
using official release numbers (and the expectations that go along with
them), but it is in the works. I don't even consider GARNOME to be "1.0"
level yet, so shifting it to use the official release numbers is somewhat
inappropriate at this stage.