Using GARNOME for different users

Hi All,

A few days back I successfully compiled Garnome 0.18.3 being as me (sandeepk) on my machine.

After resolving the various fontconfig, fonts, etc errors by installing texstars fontconfig and Xft RPMS, GARNOME did start for me when I logged in as myself. But, I felt as if it may corrupt my original GNOME2 (Mandrake 9) settings in my home directory.

So I wanted to run GARNOME as a 'test' user. I created a test user and moved the /home/sandeepk/garnome directory to /home/test/ directory but was unable to start GARNOME this time !!!

A quick look at 'test' user's ".xsession-errors" file told me that GARNOME was still referring to stuff from my original home directory garnome installation (/home/sandeepk/garnome) !!!

What is going on here? Do I need to recompile as user 'test' or something else?

--Sandeep

--
Sandeep Khanna
Graduate Student in Computer Science, Villanova University Contact Number: (Home) 1-610-964-1320 (Office) 1-877-946-4622 Ext (106) (Cell) 1-267-253-6808

Quote of the day:

Failure is the foundation of truth. It teaches us what isn't true, and that is a great beginning. To fear failure is to fear the possibility of truth.
--Joan Chittister