Re: garnome 0.18.3 no longer not buildable on current Debian Sid

Ross Burton wrote:

> Possibly the bug in bash in the latest packages -- either downgrade,
> grab bash from incoming.debian.org, or wait for the new release (en
> route already).

You were right. I've browsed the archives a bit and found the following:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200211/msg00206.html
<quote>
This makes all ./configure scripts useless, as they are not
accepting commandline parameters anymore!
</quote>

Now that I've upgraded bash (it has already hit my mirror in Poland) and
things are back to normal.

> Anyone running Sid really should subscribe to debian-devel to learn this
> before it bites :)

Seems like an excelent piece of advice, but I really cant afford
subscribing to another 100msg/day list with 95% of line noise from my
point of view. Anyway, Debian ustable works good enough for me, it's
been months since I have had an issue like this one.

Thanks a lot!
Rafal