Sound issues (ALSA?)

Afternoon all,

I'd like to find out if anyone else is having issues with ALSA and
garnome (all versions to some degree).

The earlier versions didn't seem to want to build without some code
editing.

The lastest versions (0.9+) build without the editing but the sound
quality is very poor (crackling etc).  I tried making the same code edit
that I used before (to force OSS) but it made no difference.

I'm guessing its a low level issue rather than a garnome one, but
wondered if anyone else had seen it.

Card == AC97 chipset (I know!)

Greeno
--