Re: Sound issues (ALSA?)

<quote who="Tony Green">

> The lastest versions (0.9+) build without the editing but the sound
> quality is very poor (crackling etc).  I tried making the same code edit
> that I used before (to force OSS) but it made no difference.

Okay, that was the esound update; which version of esound are you using with
GNOME 1.x? If it's 0.2.25, does it exhibit the same problem?

   "I think it will be admitted by all that to have exploited so great a
     scientific invention for the purpose and pursuit of entertainment
    alone would have been a prostitution of its powers and an insult to
        the character and intelligence of the people." - John Reith