Re: Getting started with Garnome.

<quote who="Daniel Carrera">

> So, which garballs do I need to compile?

Whichever you want! :-)

> meta/gnome-desktop
> meta/gnome-office
>
> How about gnome-fif-toe and gnome-hacker-tools?  Is the later only for
> developing under Gnome 2.0?

Fifth Toe is a selection of cool GNOME applications that are not part of the
Desktop release for whatever reason. I'm making an educated guess as to what
will be in it because it hasn't been released yet.

The Hacker Tools includes "glade" at the moment. It's there for the future
when there's a bunch of other cool stuff for hackers ported to G2.

But, those are just the meta garballs. Look in gnome/, kde/, gstreamer/
etc., for more garballs of individual apps and libraries. You can do exactly
the same things there... make install, etc. They will build their
dependencies.

> What is that meta/kde directory doing there?

It builds all of the kde garballs in kde/. Includes 3.0.1, but I hear 3.0.2
is out, so I should update [ when I could be bothered ;-) ].

                   <boc> i wish i could write good flames
                 <jwz> boc: you can't win if you don't play