Re: Getting started with Garnome.

I use

startx (somwhere)/garnome/bin/gnome-session

I had a lot of crashs with the configutils until I update my ld.so.config ( (somwhere)/farnome/lib)and run ldconfig

i do not know if this is total correct, I have the efffect that when I start gnome2 for the first time all windows appear without boarder.
when I restart  gnome this problem dissapear, I don't know why .

harri

Daniel Carrera wrote:

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting started.  The FAQ says to add this to my
.xsession file:

PATH=$HOME/garnome/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/garnome/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH GDK_USE_XFT=1
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
exec $HOME/garnome/bin/gnome-session &

However, $HOME/garnome/bin/gnome-session does not exist.

I don't understand.  I didn't get any errors when I built Garnome.
.../garnome/bin seems to have the files I'd expect from gnome (gconfd-2,
gnome2-man2html, etc).

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel.