Re: root compilation

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Pat Suwalski">

Hi, I'm the builder of the semi-official X4.2.0 deb packages

That's a worry, because...

And that's alright, since you'll probably never see my Debs (which run very finely, thank you). They may never go back to Debian, but they're definitely going into our distribution.

Xft (X freetype client side font rendering) has poop all to do with the xfs
font server!

My understanding of the question was that he's having trouble adding a font path. If that's the case XftConfig has poop-all to do with having the fonts show up at all -- those do go into XF86Config.4. My previous eMail could have been worded better.

--Pat

  :-)